Eco-Pup specializes in sustainable pet products
Eco-Pup Dog Clothing was created by Susanne Postill in 2008. As her dog BoBo, a senior peke-poo, got older she began to dress her more often to help keep her warm and comfortable in her old age. After shopping around for a long time, Susanne noticed that the more stylish items were mainly synthetic and "big box" styles. Wanting to provide her dog with something gentle and natural, she began to look for natural & organic pet clothing. Upon searching high & low, Susanne found that all of the natural/organic clothing items available for pets consisted of very basic pieces that just didn't suit BoBo's style. She felt that there needed to be more fashionable green options available for pet clothing - just because it's green doesn't mean it has to lack style! Susanne decided to make BoBo her very own eco-friendly clothes which resulted in constantly being asked "Where did you get that?!" Combining her love of fashion, animals, and the environment Eco-Pup Dog Clothing was born!
Designed to meet the needs of environmentally conscious and fashion forward customers who want to provide their dogs with functional and stylish product, while maintaining a healthy, eco-friendly lifestyle for both themselves and their pets.
Things Eco-Pup do to be eco-friendly:
- reuses packing boxes for large orders
- reuse good quality plastic and cellophane bags for packaging
- all cardboard, paper and plastic packaging that cannot be reused is recycled
- orders are taken electronically
- aims to use email and the phone as much as possible instead of printing paper
- any bottles and cans they use are recycled
- printer ink cartridges are mailed back to the manufacturer to be recycled
- their products are 100% eco-friendly by using certified organic, reclaimed, upcycled, natural and recycled fabrics
- take public transit and carpool whenever possible
- use biodegradable poop bags to clean up after our dogs
You know you are getting safe products with Eco-Pup due to their OEKO-TEX labelled goods - what does that mean?
"If a textile article carries the STANDARD 100 label, you can be certain that every component of this article, i.e. every thread, button and other accessories, has been tested for harmful substances and that the article therefore is harmless for human health. The test is conducted by our independent OEKO-TEX® partner institutes on the basis of our extensive OEKO-TEX® criteria catalogue. In the test they take into account numerous regulated and non-regulated substances, which may be harmful to human health. In many cases the limit values for the STANDARD 100 go beyond national and international requirements. The criteria catalog is updated at least once a year and expanded with new scientific knowledge or statutory requirements. It is not easy for manufacturers and customers to keep an overview of the legal situation concerning harmful substances every day. Our experts from the OEKO-TEX® institutes do this for you." find out more
On top of all this Eco-Pup also gives a percentage of sales towards a monthly sponsorship of a senior animal at SAINTS Rescue. Because sharing is caring after all.
We were also lucky to find out some general recycling facts from Eco-Pup:
- 10 plastic bottles = 1 pound of polyester fiber
- 1 ton (2000lbs) of plastic bottles recycled saves 3.8 barrels of oil
- 1 million plastic bottles recycled saves 250 barrels of oil
- 1 million plastic bottles recycled eliminates 180 metric tons of CO2 emissions from being released into the atmosphere
- 10% of all US oil consumed (2 million barrels per day) is used to make plastics
- Recycling plastic bottles takes 8 times less energy than to produce an equivalent amount of new ones
- Supplying the plastic bottles that Americans consume each year requires 47 million barrels of oil and releases 1.0 billion pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere
Sometimes seeing all those facts just makes you realise how important it is to recycle and reuse the waste. Sometimes it's difficult to believe that you can reuse them and produce beautiful clothing as Eco-Pup has.
Thanks to the success of Eco-Pup you can put your Ethical Shopping Hats on at no cost to staying fashionable. Shop Now